2nd Annual Try Kids Tri Splash & Dash - USAT Youth Aquathlon, Louisville, KY
Once again, USATriathlon & BarryS Coaching will be bringing a USAT Splash & Dash Series event to Louisville KY.
Date: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 8:00 AM
Location: Blairwood Swim & Racquet Club
- 11-15 year-olds: Swim 200 yards, then run 2K (1.2 miles)
- 7-10 year-olds: Swim 100 yards, then run 1K (.6 miles)
Event Entry and Forms
Registration for our 2nd Annual USAT Splash & Dash Aquathlon will open on February 1. Registration fees are as follows:
- $15.00 -- February 1 - 28, 2014.
- $20.00 -- March 1 - May 24, 2014.
- Late registration $25.00 -- May 25 - 7:00 a.m. May 31, 2014.
Aquathlon participants will be required to either have a 1-day USAT Youth membership ($10.00) or a current Annual Youth USAT membership ($15.00). A link to the USAT Membership page can be found in the registration process and a link may also be found below.
- USAT Annual Membership or One-Day License Application*required
- Use of Image Permission Waiver & Release
- Medical Claim Form
- Athlete Insurance Handout
- Race Day Instructions (HTML) / Race Day Instructions
* A One-Day Membership can be purchased while registering for an event (cash or check only). The cost of a One-Day Membership is $12 for adults ($10.00 for youth 17 and under.) USA Triathlon does not sell One-Day Memberships directly. ...more information »
USA Triathlon is pleased to announce that 30 events from across the United States have been selected to form the USA Triathlon Youth Splash & Dash Aquathlon Series in 2014. Educating youth athletes between the ages 7-15 about the multisport lifestyle is one of the primary objectives of the series, which is focused on participation and having fun, rather than competition.
Our inaugural event is the first of several local Youth Aquathlons and Triathlons. With our race focus on swimming and running this would be a natural first step for our young athletes to ease their way into a summer of safe, fun exercise and Aquathlon/Triathlon competition.
A calendar listing the local youth events we know of is now posted and will be maintained as events become known.
Coming in April we will post a free, simple Youth Aquathlon & Triathlon Training Plan. We will be making regular updates offering training and racing safety tips to the page.
Basic Equipment Needed for the Try Kids Tri Aquathlon:
- running shoes
We will need plenty of volunteers to pull this off. Your help is sincerely appreciated.
Each participant in the 2014 Aquathlon Splash & Dash will receive: Courtesy of USA Triathlon a Splash & Dash t-shirt, Finisher dog tag & custom dated Splash & Dash TYR swim cap; courtesy of Boy Scouts of America a co-branded USAT/Scout Strong patch (regardless of gender); courtesy of Cabot single serving packets of delicious cheese and a prize pack for raffle; courtesy of NFL PLAY 60 prize packs for raffle and NFL PLAY 60 Certificates for all finishers.